How to Choose the Right Valve Springs Manufacturer
Valve springs are critical components of compressor valves, and therefore the entire manufacturing process. But how do you select the best manufacturer to produce these parts? Read this helpful guide.
If valve springs figure prominently into any of the applications used in your line of work, then having a good valve springs manufacturer that you can turn to for replacement parts is a must.
While they may not look like much, your valve springs incorporate a variety of different technologies in their design and creation. They are also comprised of a number of different components, each of which offers distinct end-user advantages. Thus, your choice of manufacturer cannot simply be the first name that pops up in an online search. Rather, an in-depth investigation on your part is needed in order to find the one that will best meet your needs.
With so many valve springs manufacturers in the marketplace today, here are some ideas for finding the best fit valve springs manufacturer for you.
Valve Springs Manufacturer Reputation
There are a number of different factors that you should consider when choosing a valve springs provider. It is important to consider a company’s reputation in the market. Ask around, conduct an online search for valve springs manufacturers and don’t forget to look for customer comments as well. Don’t feel uncomfortable about picking up the phone and interviewing a manufacturing representative from each of the companies you find.
Before making a commitment, ask about:
- Customer service and reliability: This should be at the top of everyone’s list. It is important to know your manufacturer will be there for you after your purchase. Either when you have a problem or want more information. Too many parts providers take advantage of your inexperience in dealing with valve springs to get away with providing poor service. You should still expect your manufacturer to respect you as well as all the promises he or she makes. This includes competitive pricing and on-time delivery.
- Inventory: A good manufacturer will offer a wide range of products that can be used in a vast array of applications. If it doesn’t have the exact part that you are looking for on the shelf, then it should be able to custom-make it for you.
- Customization: Is the manufacturer able to make custom-designed springs to fit your specifications? What are the steps in this process? Conversely, do they have ready-made springs that you can “plug in” for standard machines?
- Longevity: Has the company been around long enough for you to feel comfortable about its continued presence?
- Technology: Is the manufacturer an early adopter of new technologies and materials? And how important is that for you?
- Expertise: The temptation is always there to go the safe route with your repair and simply go with an OEM. That just means more money. An experienced manufacturer should be able to offer OEM – quality at aftermarket prices, with the right warranty protections to back you up.
In addition, look for expertise in types and uses of materials, such as stainless steel, beryllium copper and music wire in the making of valve springs. A reputable manufacturer should be able to advise you on about the properties of each component and its applications to your unique environment.
Does the company offer engineering support for helping you design the right spring for your needs? Are engineers available to take charge of the design process?
Experts will be able to advise you about the benefits of flat wire springs versus round wire springs. And what grinding and other processes such as painting, magnetizing and heat treatment can be used to ensure the spring is a good fit for you.
Does the spring manufacturer have the capability to run simulations and tests once the design and material have been chosen? Will the company make a prototype for testing?
Some manufacturers offer a series of tests and will provide you with the results of stress analysis, force calculations, deflections, fatigue and more tests. Blueprints are also provided by some companies. This is a huge assurance for client companies that the spring will work well when they get it back to their “real-world” environment.
Make Your Choice
It is to your benefit to choose a valve springs manufacturer who will help you design, test and produce your springs. It does not matter how big or small the production runs. Make a list of the qualities and services you expect from a company you are doing business with.
Are employees professional in their business dealings? Are their prices competitive? How long does it take to receive the first samples and then the finished components?
Ask your questions and make sure you have the right partner to produce your valve springs before taking the plunge. This will help you know you have chosen the right company and you will actually enjoy the process.
Depend on a Valve Springs Manufacturer
Your business’ operational efficiency depends largely on the integrity and durability of the valve springs supporting your equipment. Knowing this places added importance on choosing the right valve springs manufacturer. One you can reply upon for quality replacement parts.
Yet parts selection is only a small part of what should go into choosing your spring provider. Other elements such as customization capabilities, customer service, and pricing should also have a heavy influence on your decision. You certainly have no shortage of manufacturers to choose from; picking the right one can make all the difference.
Peripheral Valve Internals
Complete Valve Repair Kits
P.E.T. Compressor Parts